Araujo Named To 2015 SEC Women's Tennis Community Service Team
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Junior Flavia Araujo, recently selected as a member of the Nike Internship Program, has been named to the 2015 Southeastern Conference Women’s Tennis Community Service Team for her outstanding accomplishments off of the tennis court.
All SEC-sponsored sports have had a Community Service Team since 2004, with at-large teams for men’s and women’s sports being chosen from 1999-2003.
The Sao Paulo, Brazil native has participated numerous community service projects, including:
- Lift Up America, by loading cars with boxes of frozen protein provided by Tyson Foods Inc.
- Spoke to 1,300 kids at Bud Walton Arena, as part of the Red Ribbon Rally, about staying away from drugs and alcohol.
- Sweat Hogs and Book Hogs, where she taught grades 1-4 from multiple elementary schools in Fayetteville about physical education and nutritional habits as well as the importance of reading and developing skills.
- Recruited customers of Harps to donate cans and goods to the Cooperative Emergency Outreach (CEO).
- Participated in the Buddy Walk, a fundraising awareness event for those who have Down syndrome to be included in the community – with Down Syndrome Connection of NWA.
- At the MLK Youth Event, she played sports with kids and teenagers to encourage physical activity and inspire them to fulfill their potential.
- Interacted with veterans from the Veterans’ Hospital and learned about their war stories as well as life achievements.
- After the tornado’s destruction in Mayflower, she helped with relief efforts by unpacking, sorting, and separating donations.
- Performed a guitar number at a variety show to raise money for YRCC community center as well as volunteered for many services including playing with kids and helping with office activities.
Araujo and the 11th-seeded Razorbacks open SEC Tournament play on Wednesday, April 15 with a first round matchup with No. 14 Missouri at the Carolina Tennis Center in Columbia, S.C.
For more information on Arkansas women’s tennis, follow @RazorbackWTEN on Twitter.
2015 SEC Women’s Tennis Community Service Team
Natalia Maynetto – Alabama
Flavia Araujo – Arkansas
Jen Pfeifler – Auburn
Brianna Morgan – Florida
Kirsten Lewis – Kentucky
Skylar Kuykendall – LSU
Kelli Hine – Missouri
Brigit Folland – South Carolina
Joanna Henderson – Tennessee
Stefania Hristov – Texas A&M
Courtney Colton – Vanderbilt