Football Spring Practice Report: March 16
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – After 10 weeks away from the gridiron, the Arkansas football team opened the spring season with its first of 15 NCAA-regulated practices Monday afternoon.
Venue: Outdoor practice fields
Format: No pads
- With the addition of a new offensive coordinator and a pair of assistant coaches, the Razorbacks concentrated on individual drills to open practice.
- New offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Dan Enos worked with Arkansas’ quartet of signal callers, led by fifth-year senior Brandon Allen. Joining the quarterbacks is early enrollee and Arkansas native Ty Storey, who saw plenty of reps with the threes.
- Newly-appointed running backs coach Jemal Singleton worked closely with the Razorback back field on ball security, a point of emphasis for Singleton.
- Linebackers coach Vernon Hargreaves also debuted in the Cardinal and White while leading drills under the watchful eye of alum Martrell Spaight, the 2014 SEC leading tackler. In addition to Spaight, Razorback football alums Joe Adams, De’Anthony Curtis, Kiero Small and Carroll Washington were in attendance.
News and Notes:
- Arkansas will close its 2015 spring practice schedule with its annual Red-White Game on April 25 at 1 p.m. in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Attendance to the scrimmage is free and open to the public.
- Fans can put a deposit down for 2015 season tickets by visiting ArkansasRazorbacks.com. The 2015 home schedule includes six games in Fayetteville, four against opponents that played in bowl games last season – UTEP, Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri. Arkansas will also take on Toledo at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.
Senior offensive lineman Sebastian Tretola
Senior offensive lineman Mitch Smothers
Senior wide receiver Keon Hatcher
Senior running back Jonathan Williams
Up Next: The Razorbacks will return to the practice fields Tuesday, March 17 for the second day of spring practice. The Razorbacks will don shells for the second day of practice.
Follow Live: For complete coverage of Arkansas football throughout the spring season, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.