Football Spring Practice Report - March 31
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Following a week off of practice for Spring Break, the Arkansas Razorbacks returned to the practice fields for their fourth official spring practice of the 2015 season Tuesday afternoon.
Venue: Outdoor practice fields
Format: Full pads
- Junior tight end Hunter Henry was a popular and reliable target for junior quarterback Brandon Allen in seven-on-seven drills. Henry leads a young corps of tight ends that includes returners senior Alex Voelzke and junior Jeremy Sprinkle. Freshman early enrollee Will Gragg also got in the mix for the Razorbacks in his fourth practice as a Razorback, showcasing his ability to tower over a defender.
- Sophomore defensive back Josh Liddell also impressed in individual and seven-on-seven drills. The Pine Bluff, Arkansas native ended his true freshman season as a starter at safety and will look to fill the shoes of graduated captain and vocal leader of the secondary, Alan Turner.
- On the defensive line, junior Deatrich Wise swiftly swatted down a pass while junior JaMichael Wintson showcased his nose for the ball in fumble recovery drills.
- Plenty of current and future #ProHogs were on hand to support the Razorbacks at practice. Former defensive line stars Trey Flowers and Darius Philon, and former tight end AJ Derby were all in attendance. Chris Gragg, current Buffalo Bills tight end, former Razorback and brother of freshman Will Gragg, was also present on the sideline watching practice.
News and Notes:
- Arkansas will close its 2015 spring practice schedule with its annual Red-White Game on April 25 at 1 p.m. in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Attendance to the scrimmage is free and open to the public.
- Fans can put a deposit down for 2015 season tickets by visiting ArkansasRazorbacks.com. The 2015 home schedule includes six games in Fayetteville, four against opponents that played in bowl games last season – UTEP, Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri. Arkansas will also take on Toledo at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.
Linebackers coach Vernon Hargreaves
Junior defensive lineman Jeremiah Ledbetter
Up Next: The Razorbacks will return to the practice fields Thursday, April 2 for the fifth practice of the spring.
Follow Live: For complete coverage of Arkansas football throughout the spring season, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.