Razorbacks Rise In USTFCCCA Polls
NEW ORLEANS — Arkansas men’s track and field is up three spots to No. 4 in the latest USTFCCCA polls announced Monday afternoon. The Razorbacks are joined in the top five by four additional Southeastern Conference programs including: No. 1 Texas A&M, No. 2 Florida, No. 3 LSU and No. 5 Georgia.
The standings mark the Razorbacks’ highest regular season rank since week nine of 2014.
Arkansas peaked at No. 5 in the polls last season before going on to finish third at the 2015 NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Oregon off the heels of 16 All-Americans.
- 100: Jarrion Lawson and Marqueze Washington rank eighth in the NCAA with their 10.19.
- 200: Washington also checks in at No. 8 from a 20.49w* at the John McDonnell Invitational.
- 1,500: Cale Wallace (3:40.67) and Jack Bruce (3:41.67) are currently among the 11 best collegians in the event.
- 5,000: Alex George leads the SEC in the 5K with his 13:49.46 from the Stanford Invitational.
- 10,000: Gabe Gonzalez also had a major performance at Stanford and sits at No. 8 in the NCAA with 29:01.62.
- Long Jump: Four Razorbacks surpassed the 25- foot mark this weekend, including Lawson who has the second-best NCAA mark: 7.98/26-2 1/4.
*denotes wind-assisted mark
Arkansas will travel to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to take part in the LSU Invitational on April 30.
For more information on Arkansas track and field including in-meet updates, follow @RazorbackTF on Twitter.