@Razorbackwbb Know Your Opponent: Alabama
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas women’s basketball team hits the road for the third time in its last four games, traveling eastwards to play the Alabama Crimson Tide on Super Bowl Sunday. The Razorbacks are coming off a win Thursday evening over Auburn which snapped a two-game losing streak. Arkansas is 3-4 in road games this season.
Here is a look ahead to the Razorbacks’ next opponent:
• The Crimson Tide enter Sunday’s contest 12-11 and 1-7 in league play. Alabama lost to top-ranked South Carolina, 85-54, on Jan. 29
• Ashley Williams is the team’s leading scorer and rebounder, with 13.3 and 6.1, respectively
• Nine players average double-figure minutes
• Alabama averages 61.9 points per game (13th SEC) on 37.5 percent shooting (13th SEC).
• Kristy Curry (Northeast Louisiana, ’88) owns a 26-27 record in her second season as head coach. All-time, Curry is 335-176 in her 16th season as a head coach after previously serving at Purdue (1999-2006) and Texas Tech (2006-2013).
• Arkansas leads the all-time series with Alabama 18-14, including a 7-7 mark in games played in Tuscaloosa. The Razorbacks have won the last three meetings in a row. In the team’s last meeting, Feb. 13, 2014, in Fayetteville, Arkansas won 75-55 behind 20 points from Kelsey Brooks
For more information on Arkansas women’s basketball, follow @RazorbackWBB on Twitter.