Spring Football Practice Report - April 4
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Without a cloud in the sky, the Arkansas Razorbacks returned to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for their sixth practice and first scripted scrimmage of the season, Saturday morning.
Venue: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
Format: Full pads
– Sophomore quarterback Austin Allen shined for the Razorbacks in the scrimmage after making big plays with the twos, including a 65-yard touchdown pass to junior wide out Eric Hawkins.
– Senior quarterback Brandon Allen also connected with junior wide receiver Drew Morgan in the first play of the red zone. Morgan hauled in Allen’s pass in the end zone while being sandwiched by two Razorback defenders.
– Junior running back Alex Collins showed off his power and ability to shed defenders in the first scrimmage of the season. Collins was assisted by offensive linemen junior Dan Skipper and sophomore Frank Ragnow, who paved a path for Collins to rush for a first down and touchdown. The Razorback offense finished the day without a turnover.
– Redshirt-freshman Santos Ramirez was a vocal leader for the defense and was always the first to congratulate a Razorback defender on a big play. Sophomore Henre’ Toliver opened the scrimmage with a batted down pass while redshirt-freshman Josh Harris, juniors JaMichael Winston, Brooks Ellis and Deatrich Wise each recorded sacks, among others.
News and Notes:
– Arkansas will close its 2015 spring practice schedule with its annual Red-White Game on April 25 at 1 p.m. in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Attendance to the scrimmage is free and open to the public.
– Season ticket orders are now being accepted for the 2015 season at ArkansasRazorbacks.com. The 2015 home schedule includes six games in Fayetteville, four against opponents that played in bowl games last season – UTEP, Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri. Arkansas will also take on Toledo at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.
Up Next: The Razorbacks will return to the practice fields Tuesday, April 7, for their seventh practice of the spring.
Follow Live: For complete coverage of Arkansas football throughout the spring season, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.