comscore script


In 1987, The University of Arkansas implemented a licensing program in order to preserve the use of its emblems, logos, and verbiage. This program has helped in providing a successful relationship between the University of Arkansas, its licensees and retail partners. The U of A has partnered with The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) as its exclusive trademark-licensing representative to develop and expand the program.

What is a Trademark?
A trademark is any word, phrase, symbol, design, sound, smell, color, product configuration, group of letters or numbers, or combination of these that is adopted and used by an organization to identify its products or services, and to distinguish them from products and services made, sold, or provided by others. For an organization, a trademark is one of its most important assets. It is vital for the trademarks to be used carefully. The University of Arkansas wishes to associate its trademarks with quality products that are competitively priced.The primary intention of marks is to prevent a consumer from being confused about the source or origin of a product or service. While consumers become acquainted with specific marks and the goods or services they represent, marks can receive a secondary indicator of quality. Marks help consumers answer the questions: “Who makes this product?” and “Who provides this service?” As consumers become familiar with particular marks and the goods or services they represent, marks can acquire a secondary meaning as indicators of quality. Most of the manufactured products that bear the U of A’s marks are not produced by the university. Within the parameters of the U of A’s licensing program, manufacturers are permitted through CLC to handle the marks and images of the University of Arkansas on a variety of goods and services, which then become available to consumers.

What are the University of Arkansas trademarks?
The university, like virtually all other institutions and businesses in the United States, has developed policies controlling the use of trademark verbiage and logos because these marks symbolize its purpose, values and traditions. The university owns and controls its names(s) and other marks, logos, insignias, seals, designs and symbols which include the use of, but not limited to: “UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS®”, “ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS®”,“ARKANSAS®”, “HOGS™”, “WOOO PIG SOOIE ®”, “NEVER YIELD ®” the University of Arkansas with the Old Main silhouette ®, any Razorback marks or images, and the University of Arkansas Seal. An “®” emblem must appear on all products that have the University’s registered marks and verbiage, otherwise a “™” must be present on all products pertaining to any of the University’s marks that are not registered. These marks are used for sale, promotional, and advertising purposes and are well known and recognized by the general public and associated with the University of Arkansas in the public mind.The official mascot of The University of Arkansas is the Razorbacks. While the official colors of the university are cardinal and white, the official colors used in the University of Arkansas logo are cardinal, white, and black (as an accent color). The official Pantone color of the Razorbacks is 201. The official name of the institution is “The University of Arkansas.” The initials UA may be used to reference the University of Arkansas.Any reference to the University or trademarks adopted hereafter and used or approved for use by The University of Arkansas shall be subject to the policies and procedures of the Office of Trademark Licensing. Any derivations (including caricatures) of the University marks, which would cause consumers to erroneously believe that the product originated from, was or is sponsored by or authorized by the university, shall also be covered by the trademark licensing program policies and procedures.What is the Collegiate Licensing Company?
The University of Arkansas uses the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) as its primary licensing agent. CLC is the nation’s leading collegiate trademark licensing and marketing company and is responsible for administering the licensing program, including processing applications, collecting royalties, enforcing trademarks and pursuing new market opportunities for the University.For information on CLC’s resources and services, as well as applications for becoming a licensed vendor of the University of Arkansas please contact the Collegiate Licensing Company directly:The Collegiate Licensing Company
1075 Peachtree Street | Suite 3300
Atlanta, GA 30309
Phone – 770-956-0520
Website –

Contact CLC

Becoming Licensed

The University of Arkansas works with licensing partner Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) to identify and cultivate new consumer product companies that can bring value to college consumers through licensed merchandise. Companies can pursue a license in one of two categories:

Retail – Allows a company to produce products bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for sale at retail in approved retail channels and direct to consumer, as well as university departments and related entities.

Internal – Allows a company to produce product bearing the trademarks of collegiate institutions for university departments and related entities for internal consumption only; cannot provide product at retailer direct to consumer.

To download a quick reference guide to CLC license types, click here.

NCAA/Bowls/Conference Licensing – CLC has a separate licensing process for “hot market” events, including NCAA tournaments, the College Football Playoff, bowl games, and athletic conferences. Existing CLC licensees may apply for these programs via the Brand Manager 360 system. For companies not currently licensed through CLC, contact CLC’s NCAA & Bowl Properties Division at 770-956-0520.

What is the process to become licensed?
-Submit application through
-Review licensing considerations
-Submit fees for application (Non-Refundable)
-Understand labeling requirements
-Review corporate responsibility requirements
-Review insurance requirements

Can I use the Razorback logo for my business, campaign, and/or organization?

University marks may not be used to endorse or promote commercial ventures or be in used in promotions without prior written consent from the university.

The use of the trademarks is prohibited by or for political campaigns, promotion of political causes, organizations and programs not directly sponsored by the university.

Permission to use the University’s marks to be incorporated into private websites must be granted by the Office of Trademarks and Licensing. No objectionable links will be allowed to be placed in the website that contains the university’s marks. A disclaimer must be inserted at the bottom of the opening page of any website containing the University’s marks that there is no official affiliation or endorsement granted by The University of Arkansas.


University/CLC Code of Conduct for Licensees

All University of Arkansas licensees are required to sign a Code of Conduct. The CLC Code of Conduct was adopted in January 2000 with an addendum that addresses women’s rights, environmental protection, and public disclosure. The CLC Code of Conduct was adopted to help ensure that workers in this country and abroad who produce licensed goods bearing the marks of the University of Arkansas work under healthy and safe conditions and receive fair humane treatment in their workplace. For more information, or to receive a copy of the CLC Code of Conduct, contact CLC at (770) 956-0520.


Intellectual Property

XOS Digital is the exclusive licensing agent for all Arkansas Razorback videos and photographs. The use of video and photographs owned and controlled by The University of Arkansas requires the permission of XOS, on behalf of Arkansas or the SEC as appropriate. For more information about utilizing Arkansas and/or SEC video and photographs and obtaining a license, please contact XOS Digital at 1-877-967-3444 or

For any questions, please contact the University of Arkansas Trademark Licensing Office at or 479-575-5037.

Become Licensed

Crafters' Agreement

The Crafter’s Agreement is available for individuals that hand make items and sell to individual consumers only. To be eligible, anticipated sales may not exceed 500 units or more than $2,500 in sales revenue within one year. This license agreement is made directly through the university and is renewed annually.  To apply for a crafter agreement, please download the application HERE.

Please send the form to:
Jeri Thorpe
Director of Licensing at the University of Arkansas
350 N. Razorback Road
Fayetteville, AR 72701

or email it to

Be sure to send ALL of the pages along with photos of your items.

The crafter’s license fee is $100 annually and is not pro-rated. There is an additional fee of $30 for official hologram stickers that must be placed on each item that you sell.

Click HERE for crafter’s sales report.

Licensing Restrictions

The following categories are prohibited (collectively, “Prohibited Categories”, or each a “Prohibited Category”):
• Tobacco products, tobacco-related products, services or usage;
• Alcohol, alcohol-related products, services, depictions or references to alcohol
consumption and/or abuse;
• Endorsement of a commercial product or service;
• Drugs, drug use or drug paraphernalia;
• Sexually suggestive or oriented products, services, conduct, imagery or
• Religious affiliations, beliefs, events, persons or organizations;
• Political campaigns, parties, beliefs, events, persons or organizations;
• Gaming, games of chance, gambling or gambling related products or services;
• Profanity, racists, sexist, xenophobic, hateful, demeaning or degrading images,
language, symbols, imagery or statements;
• Inherently dangerous products, firearms, explosives or other weapons;
• Laxatives, intimate apparel, male enhancement, hormone replacement or
restoration, birth control or feminine hygiene products; and
• Products or services that combine another entity’s tradename, mark, logo or
other intellectual property with UA Marks to form a unitary mark or use of a
derivative of UA Marks.

The UA Marks shall be used only in the exact form, design color, manner and context specified
herein, and shall not be modified for any use without the prior written approval of UA. In exercising
its rights under this License, Licensee shall not use the UA Marks in any manner that UA
determines, in its sole discretion, is reasonably likely to embarrass or derogate UA, its trustees,
employees, students or alumni or the integrity, distinctiveness, goodwill, value or strength of its
rights in the UA Marks. UA reserves the right to alter or amend this section at any time.


Style Guides
Athletic Department Marks
University of Arkansas Editorial Guide
University of Arkansas Logos and Word Marks
University of Arkansas Web & Digital Guide

Approved Vendors
Approved vendors can be found using CLC’s licensee search.
Click Here to search now.

Search vendors for a specific product by using the ‘Step 1: Pick a Product Category’ box
Under ‘Step 2: Pick a School’ select the University of Utah.
Additionally, you can skip step 1 and select the University of Utah to view all licensed vendors.
Some vendors may have an ‘Internal Only’ indication next to their listing. This indicates that these vendors only have rights to sell to University departments/groups.

Read More

5.10.21 Pitching Ribby Debut Read Now

Contact Us

Jeri Thorpe
Director of Licensing