Arkansas Sweeps Doubleheader With Tulsa, Omaha
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas men’s tennis team defeated Tulsa and Omaha inside Dills Indoor Courts Sunday afternoon, defeating the Golden Hurricane 5-2, before downing the Mavericks 7-0.
Arkansas jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead against Tulsa, as the Razorbacks took court one and two in doubles action to take a 1-0 advantage.
The Razorbacks would take a 2-0 lead off of Enrique Paya’s 6-1, 6-2 win over Boriss Kamdem of Tulsa. Arkansas would clinch on consecutive victories from courts three and one. On court one, Oscar Mesquida won a hard fought battle 7-6(3), 6-2 to clinch the match. Tulsa would close the gap, winning two of three from courts two, six and four for a final score of 5-2.
In the final match of the afternoon against Omaha, Arkansas won easily 7-0. The Razorbacks picked up the doubles point, despite dropping a match on court one.
Josh Howard-Tripp would give Arkansas its first win in singles play, defeating Abdoul Ouattara 6-1, 6-1 as he was followed shortly by Enrique Paya’s win over Davis Lawley, 6-4, 6-1, as the Razorbacks needed one more court to clinch and go 2-0 on the day.
Arkansas would clinch on court six with a 6-4,6-2 win over Matt Dunn (Omaha) by Jose Dominguez Alonso. The Razorbacks are slated to return home this coming Friday to host SMU at 6 p.m.
Arkansas 5, Tulsa 2
Singles Results – Order of Finish (5,3,1,2,6,4)
1. Oscar Mesquida (AR) def. Majed Kilani (Tulsa) 7-6 (7-3), 6-2
2. Joshua Goodger (Tulsa) def. Adam Sanjurjo (AR) 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
3. Alex Reco (AR) def. Jarod Hing (Tulsa) 6-2, 7-6 (7-1)
4. Kody Pearson (Tulsa) def. Pedro Alonso (AR) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
5. Enrique Paya (AR) def. Boriss Kamdem (Tulsa) 6-1, 6-2
6. Jose Alonso (AR) def. Stefan Hampe (Tulsa) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
Doubles Results – Order of Finish (2,1)
1. Adam Sanjurjo/Oscar Mesquida (AR) def. Majed Kilani/Jarod Hing (Tulsa) 6-4
2. Enrique Paya/Maxim Verboven (AR) def. Joshua Goodger/Boriss Kamdem (Tulsa) 6-1
3. Josh Howard-Tripp/Alex Reco (AR) vs. Kody Pearson/Daniel Siddall (Tulsa) 5-6, unfinished
Arkansas 7, Omaha 0
Singles Results – Order of Finish (1,4,6,5,2,3)
1. Howard-Tripp (AR) def. Abdoul Ouattara (Omaha), 6-1, 6-1
2. Alex Reco (AR) def. Razvan Grigorescu (Omaha), 6-1, 6-0, 6-4
3. Pedro Dominguez Alonso (AR) def. Nathan Reeke (Omaha), 6-2, 2-6, 7-5
4. Enrique Paya (AR) def. Davis Lawley (Omaha), 6-4, 6-1
5. Maxim Verboven (AR) def. Hugo Piles Ballester (Omaha), 7-5, 6-4
6. Jose Dominguez Alonso (AR) def. Matt Dunn (Omaha), 6-4, 6-2
Doubles Results – Order of Finish (3,1,2)
1. Davis Lawley/Abdoul Ouattara (AR) def. Oscar Mesquida/Adam Sanjurjo (Omaha), 4-6
2. Alex Reco/Pedro Dominguez Alonso (AR) def. Razvan Grigorescu/Matt Dunn (Omaha), 6-2
3. Josh Howard-Tripp/Jose Dominguez Alonso (AR) def. Nathan Reekie/Hugo Piles Ballester (AR), 6-0