Razorback Strength & Conditioning is dedicated to maximizing the potential of every student-athlete in pursuit of elite performance to further the championship tradition at the University of Arkansas. Following an ever-evolving and holistic program philosophy that requires us to work together with each student-athlete. Utilizing cutting-edge technology, evidence-based research and innovative techniques, we shape disciplined and healthy habits necessary for success not only in the competition arena but in real world situations.
GOALS OF OUR PROGRAM:
- Healthy muscles and joints decrease the chance of injury. When an injury occurs, a strong, well-conditioned and well-trained athlete will not only recover from the injury but also spend less time in rehabilitation and limited participation.
BUILD WELL-ROUNDED ATHLETES
- Achieved through our various program design techniques which emphasize strength, speed, power, agility, mobility, body composition, nutrition and conditioning based on the respective sport.
IMPROVE MENTAL DEVELOPMENT
- We strive to develop the ability to maintain effort, high level of focus, maturity, accountability, discipline, and competitiveness. We try to equip our athletes with the tools and skills they need to minimize distractions and deterrents to achieve personal and team goals. Improving mental development will empower the athletes and raise their level of athletic confidence preparing them to compete and succeed against anyone in the nation, as well as in life.
DEVELOP STRONG, CONSTRUCTIVE PEOPLE OF SOCIETY
- Not only do we build stronger athletes for their respective sport, we help mold our student athletes into productive people of society by building character, dedication, sacrifice, punctuality, respect, loyalty, and more, focusing on our student-athletes as a human being first and foremost.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
- Evaluate each incoming athlete for movement deficiencies through our pre-participation movement analysis.
- Use intelligent movement progression techniques specific to each athlete.
- Give feedback regarding technique using Dartfish video analysis system.
- Provide athletes with nutritional counseling and education.
- Educate athletes in the area of physical recovery and rejuvenation.
- Place athletes in competitive situations daily.
- Teach team-building concepts that require accountability to one another.
- Help athletes experience success through hard work and finish, while building confidence and mental toughness.
BE THE BEST
- Use “cutting edge” training methods and tools to build elite athletes.
- Develop individualized programs to fit the needs of each individual athlete.
- Develop speed, agility and conditioning programs that match the movement needs of each sport.
Click HERE for information on interning with the Strength & Conditioning Department.