Develop students into effective coaches who will help grow and enhance the strength & conditioning field and the student athletes they work with throughout their career.
- Provide each intern with exposure to Strength & Conditioning principles and how they are used within University of Arkansas’s Strength & Conditioning programs.
- Provide each intern with exposure to administrative and maintenance processes and their role within the Strength & Conditioning program.
- Provide each intern with knowledge of exercises, coaching cues, and teaching progressions.
- Assist in the implementation of Arkansas’s Strength & Conditioning program.
- Assist in the administrative and maintenance duties involved in the Strength & Conditioning program.
- Participation in Arkansas’s Strength & Conditioning Internship curriculum.
- Maintain a training log/get under the barbell
- SEC Strength & Conditioning experience
- College Credit
- Individual Professional Development
- Earned Recommendations
- All applicants should be highly motivated, hardworking and possess a strong desire to become a strength and conditioning professional with a definitive plan to take a nationally recognized certification (CSCCa, NSCA, USAW, etc.) upon completion of the internship, if not sooner.
- Applicants should be aware that is an UNPAID position with the possibility of long days and early-morning sessions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and resume with 3 references to the appropriate strength & conditioning contact.
For Baseball: Blaine Kinsley email@example.com
For Basketball/ Tennis: Dave Richardson Dr039@uark.edu
For all other Olympic Sports: Michele Centineo firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please contact Football S&C directly for internship information