Gammill Overpowers Florida, Hogs Take Series Opener
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Powered by junior third baseman Hannah Gammill, No. 17 Arkansas (23-8) downed No. 10 Florida (23-6) 6-2 in Friday night’s series opener at Bogle Park.
Making history again this week, Arkansas secured its first win vs. Florida at Bogle Park. Arkansas has won three consecutive games vs. top-15 foes.
Gammill electrified the Hog offense, finishing 2-for-3 and tying her career high in home runs with two. The Beebe, Ark., product launched a pair of solo home runs in her second career multi-home run outing.
The Razorbacks outhit Florida at a 7-5 clip. Freshman Atalyia Rijo finished 1-for-2 with two RBIs. Sophomores Kacie Hoffmann and Raigan Kramer each drove in a run on groundouts. Junior Cylie Halvorson, sophomore Kacie Hoffmann, freshman Lauren Camenzind and redshirt senior Kristina Foreman rounded out Arkansas’ hits column tally with one hit apiece.
Redshirt senior RHP Chenise Delce (12-4) earned her second consecutive top-15 win after tossing her eighth complete game of the season. Delce gave up just one earned run on five hits and struck out six. Delce also limited the Gators to one extra-base hit and worked around four walks and two Arkansas errors. The Oklahoma City native twirled a 1-2-3 second frame.
How It Happened
Bottom 4th: After three quiet innings to start the game, Arkansas utilized a three-run fourth inning to jump on top for good. Gammill homered on the first pitch of the inning to tie it at 1-1. The Hogs tacked on another run on Hoffmann’s fielder’s choice that allowed Halvorson to score from third. Rijo’s sacrifice fly to left pushed the lead to 3-1.
Top 5th: The Gators cut the deficit to 3-2 on an Arkansas fielding error.
Bottom 5th: Gammill homered again in the fifth to extend the lead to 4-2.
Bottom 6th: Rijo drove in her second run of the game on her single up the middle, extending the lead to 5-2. Kramer added an RBI on a groundout back to the pitcher to score Foreman and stretch the lead to 6-2.
- Arkansas has eight wins vs. teams ranked inside ESPN.com/USA Softball’s top-25.
- Arkansas has won three consecutive games vs. top-15 foes.
- The Razorbacks picked up their fifth straight win vs. the Gators.
- Arkansas won its first game vs. Florida at Bogle Park.
- A win on Saturday will solidify Arkansas’ second straight series victory against Florida.
- The Hogs defeated a top-10 ranked opponent for the first time since April 24, 2022, when they took down No. 9 Florida, 2-0, in Gainesville.
- For the second straight year, Arkansas won its series opener vs. Florida.
- Hannah Gammill tied her career high in home runs with two. Gammill has two career multi-home run games.
- Gammill is the first Hog to homer twice in a game since Rylin Hedgecock did vs. Texas A&M-CC on March 3.
- Chenise Delce earned her second straight win vs. a top-15 team (ESPN.com/USA Softball).
- Delce threw her second consecutive complete game after going for 7.0 innings against Florida.
- Lauren Camenzind extended her hitting streak to three games.
- Kacie Hoffmann stretched her hitting streak to three games.
- Atalyia Rijo and Cylie Halvorson have recorded hits in back-to-back games.
Game two between Arkansas and Florida is set for 8 p.m. CT Saturday on ESPN2. Sunday’s series finale begins at noon on SEC Network+.
For schedule updates and other news, go to ArkansasRazorbacks.com, or follow @RazorbackSB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.