About the Jerry & Gene Jones Family Student Athlete Success Center
The new Jerry & Gene Jones Family Student-Athlete Success Center is designed to address the academic, nutritional, personal and professional development of more than 460 student-athletes, creating an integrated academic support program focused on graduation of all student-athletes at the University of Arkansas.
The Student-Athlete Success Center will become the new home of the Bogle Academic Center and will help meet the needs of student-athletes by providing multiple learning environments including academic advising and course preparation, leadership training through the Razorback Leadership Academy career planning and service learning. The facility is being constructed at the corner of Meadow and Stadium between Pomfret Hall and John McDonnell Field.
“Today we break ground on a facility that will impact all of our more than 460 student-athletes. Not only will this facility impact these student-athletes while they are here on this campus, but it will impact them the rest of their lives.” – Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long at the Student-Athlete Success Center Ground Breaking Ceremony
– Approximately 55,000 sq. feet
– 37 Tutor Rooms (10 Large rooms for 6-8 people and 27 Small rooms for 2-4 people).
– 5,000 SF of open study / lounge space
– 3 computer labs
– 3 learning labs –Mathematics, Writing and Language
– 20 Offices for staff and academic counselors and a designated area for graduate assistants
– 1,500 SF in the Multi-Purpose Room with capacity of 90+
– 138 Seat Auditorium (Designed for hosting the Razorback Leadership Academy, seminars, guest speakers, large group presentations and other Athletic Academic programming with full A/V capabilities).
– Designated area for Educational Enrichment Services
– Designated area for Student-Athlete Development
– Wellness area with offices for staff psychologist and nutritionist
– Dining Hall with full-service kitchen and seating for approx. 225 people
To support the health of student-athletes and meet the specialized needs of sports nutrition, a dining hall and a full-service kitchen will be integral components of the building. The facility will also include offices for the sports psychologist, nutritionist, and student-athlete development staff.
The Jerry and Gene Jones Family Student-Athlete Success center will help address the academic, nutritional, personal and professional development of more than 460 student-athletes in a 55,000 square foot facility, creating an integrated academic support program focused on graduation of all student-athletes at the University of Arkansas.
The facility will accommodate multiple learning environments including academic advising and course preparation, leadership training through the Razorback Leadership Academy, career planning and service learning. The center will also house student-athlete educational programs designed to foster healthy life choices and maximize performance through nutrition.
The facility will include tutorial rooms, group study rooms, quiet study areas, computer labs and learning labs focused on mathematics, writing, and language skills as well as a 138-seat auditorium, which could be made available to campus for special events.