Preview - No. 22 Arkansas vs. McNeese State
Date: Monday, November 11
Time: 7 p.m.
Opponent: McNeese State
Tickets: $5 Adult | $3 Youth | Free for UA Students
Promotions: Military ID for two complimentary tickets | Pregame Chalk Talk | Postgame Autographs
LAST TIME OUT
- Arkansas tallied its first win of the season against New Orleans, beating the Privateers 82-52.
- Taylah Thomas nearly broke the Arkansas single-game rebounding record, pulling down 21 of them.
- It was also the first career double-double for Thomas (10 points, 21 rebounds).
- Chelsea Dungee led all scorers with 22 points, ten of which came at the free throw line.
- Dungee nearly had a double-double herself, as she pulled down eight rebounds. She also led the team in assists (4).
- Amber Ramirez had a solid debut for the Razorbacks, chipping in 12 points (4-9 3PT). She also registered two assists and swiped four steals.
- Makayla Daniels reached double-digits in her Arkansas debut, going for 11 points while tying for the team lead in steals, nabbing four of them.
- Taylah Thomas was simply unstoppable on the glass against New Orleans, pulling down 21 rebounds in her first game of the season.
- Thomas nearly broke Arkansas’ all-time record for total rebounds in a game, but she fell one short of Shelly Wallace’s record (22, vs. SMU, 2/13/88).
- Despite falling short of the all-time milestone, Thomas bested her previous career highs in total rebounds (21 vs. 12), defensive rebounds (14 vs. 9) and offensive rebounds (7 vs. 6).
- Thomas joined exclusive company with her 20+ rebounds, becoming just the fifth Razorback ever to grab 20 or more rebounds in a game.
- The most recent 20+ rebound performance prior to Thomas actually also came against New Orleans, when Melissa Wolf brought down 20 boards against the Privateers on December 30, 2015.
- Dating back to last season, Arkansas’ 49 rebounds were the most in a game for the Hogs since they pulled down 52 against UAB.
- Chelsea Dungee continues to score the ball for the Hogs, picking up right where she left off in game one of the 2019-20 season.
- Going back to last season, Dungee has now scored in double-digits in 18 straight contests.
- Dungee has scored 20+ in 21 of her 38 games since arriving in Fayetteville.
- Dungee continues to be excellent at getting to the free throw line.
- She shot 13 freebies against New Orleans, making ten of them. It was the eighth time in her Arkansas career where she has made 10+ free throws in a game.
- Dungee broke the Arkansas record for free throws made in a single-season last year, putting down 229 of them. She also broke the free throws made record for both a single game (17) and in a quarter (nine) against Auburn last season.
The Razorback Ticket Center is taking orders online and by phone for new season tickets and fans have several options from which to select.
- Reserved Seats — $75
- General Admission Seats — $45
- Reserved Seats with the purchase of Men’s Basketball Season Tickets — $65
- General Admission Seats with the purchase of Men’s Basketball Season Tickets — $40
Additionally, each order includes a special season ticket holder gift.
For more information about Arkansas Women’s Basketball, follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @RazorbackWBB and on Facebook at Facebook.com/RazorbackWBB. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, “Kickin’ It In The Neighborhood” for an inside look at the Razorback women’s basketball program and check out The Neighborhood podcasts at CoachNeighbors.com.