Razorbacks Host Blessings Collegiate Invitational
FAYETTEVILLE – The Arkansas men’s and women’s golf programs will host some of the nation’s best collegiate golfers on Oct. 4-6 at the second annual Blessings Collegiate Invitational. Admission is free and GOLF Channel will cover the event each day from 3-6 pm (CT) live at the Blessings Golf Club.
The BCI is the most unique college golf event in that both the men’s and women’s programs will be competing at the same time on the same course. And, in addition to the usual team and individual winners being crowned, a team’s combined score will give the BCI a men’s and women’s champion and there will be a men’s and women’s individual champion based on “best ball” format.
The 10-team field features Arizona, host Arkansas. Houston. Illinois, Louisville, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas Tech and UCLA.
Highlights among the men’s and women’s fields include:
- Arkansas women’s golfer Brooke Matthews is #1 in the Golfweek/Sagarin rankings and #20-ranked amateur in the world.
- Arkansas women were ranked #1 in college golf by Golfweek after winning its season opener.
- Arkansas men are #8 in Golfweek.
- Arkansas men’s golfer Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira is the #55-ranked amateur in the world.
- North Carolina men are currently #1 in the Golfweek rankings.
- Ole Miss is the reigning NCAA women’s golf champion and Julia Johnson is #17-ranked amateur in the world.
- Texas Tech’s Ludvig Aberg is the #3-ranked amateur in the world.
The event will be a five-count-four format and feature 18 holes each of the three days.
2021 Blessings Collegiate Invitational
Dates: Monday, Oct. 4 – Wednesday, Oct. 6
TV Coverage: 3-6 pm (CT) live each day on GOLF channel
Site: Blessing Golf Club || Fayetteville, Ark.
Par: 72 • Yardage: 7,501 (men) & 6,400 (women)
Format: Play 5, count 4