Diamond Doll Applications Now Being Accepted For 2021 Season
ARKANSAS RAZORBACK BASEBALL — 2020-21 DIAMOND DOLLS
LINK: Diamond Doll Application
The Razorback Diamond Dolls assist the Razorback Baseball program and Marketing Department with game days and other baseball operational tasks. Responsibilities for a Diamond Doll include bat and foul ball retrieval during games, handing out marketing and promotional items, fan engagement from the dugout, selling programs, and ensuring that fans are having the best possible experience at the Best Ballpark in College Baseball. They also have duties around campus, spreading Razorback spirit throughout the University.
Due to COVID-19, interviews will take place virtually via Zoom on Tuesday, Oct 6th and Thursday, October 8th.
Diamond Doll Requirements and Duties:
- Must have 3.0 GPA overall
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 hours each semester at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
- Cannot be on disciplinary or academic probation.
- May not have a job or other responsibility which will interfere with game day duties. If your job or other responsibility conflicts with game days, please give careful consideration as to whether or not you will be able to fulfill your responsibility as a Diamond Doll. You can have a job, but you must be able to balance both work, school, and DD obligations.
- Interview Procedure – Applicants will be judged on the following:
- Ability to meet and work with people easily
- Desire to work in a service capacity
- Enthusiasm for Razorback Baseball
- Knowledge of Division I athletics
- Game Day:
- Must be available for all home games (Must arrive at the ballpark 2.5 hours early if you are selling, and 1 hour early if you are working the field)
- Sell scorecards at all home games
- Bat girl for both home and visiting team
- Be energetic and show spirit and a great attitude while working
- Engage with fans throughout the game
- Office Duties:
- Be prepared to volunteer as needed in the baseball office.
- Be prepared to help with related work as needed.
- Attend designated meetings.
- Attend various baseball events outside of games.
- Take part in miscellaneous activities requested by the coordinator.
- Participate, as your schedule allows, in other athletic activities that ask for our help.
- Financial Expectations:
- $0, unless you lose or ruin any of the gear you are given.
- Rules and Regulations:
- No smoking or drinking.
- Be on time or early for each duty or event.
- Be constantly aware of the spirit and attitude of the program and display it in your conduct at all times.
- If you find you will be unable to meet a time commitment, notify the coordinator at the earliest possible time. If for some reason you cannot reach then, find a suitable replacement yourself. Never leave a coach or fellow Diamond Doll waiting for you.
- Represent the Razorbacks positively at all times, on the field and off, with professionalism, proper conduct, and etiquette.
LINK: Diamond Doll Application. Fill out the application via the link and attach both a professional headshot photo and your official transcript (High School is accepted if you are a Freshman) between Wednesday, September 30th and Friday, October 2nd by 5:00 pm. Interview times will be assigned after you turn your application in so be sure to list a correct e-mail and cell number to be scheduled.
Virtual Preliminary interviews will be held on Zoom on Tuesday, October 6th and virtual final interviews will be conducted on Thursday, October 8th. The 2020-2021 Razorback Diamond Dolls will be announced on Friday, October 9th.
This is a very big time commitment. Please consider this when applying. Make sure your schedule and activities will allow you to be at the ballpark for many, many hours in the spring semester with a love, passion and knowledge of all things baseball.
For more information, you may contact:
Cambry Knies — Diamond Doll Coordinator — 479-387-1806 — email@example.com