Hogs Roll Past Yellowjackets and Green Wave
Atlanta, GA. – The Arkansas Swimming and Diving finished the day, with two wins against Georgia Tech and Tulane. Razorbacks put a team score of 218.50 to Tulane’s team score of 79.50. In addition, Razorbacks also put a team score of 154 to Georgia Tech’s team score of 146. Sophomore Bella Cothern and Senior Andrea Sansores both had four overall wins on the day, meanwhile, Senior Vanessa Herrmann and Senior Kobie Melton both had three wins on the day.
“This was fun, exciting and a great test to be on the road at an ACC School, in the 1996 Olympic pool and to perform so well. We had a total team performance again and we needed every place and point to pull out the two wins. Seniors Kobie, Vanessa, Andrea and sophomores Bella and Mayson led the team with crucial wins, said Coach Harper!” “We have all been working hard, so I am happy that we performed at the level needed to get the wins. We can now focus on the clear and dedicated path to SEC’s in a couple of weeks as well as NCAA’s in 6 weeks!”
- Bella Cothern had four overall wins in 200 Medley Relay, 50 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle, and 400 Freestyle Relay.
- Vanessa Herrmann had three wins in the 200 Medley Relay, 100 Breaststroke, and 200 Breaststroke.
- Andrea Sansores had four wins overall wins in 200 Medley Relay, 100 Butterfly, 100 Backstroke, and 400 Freestyle Relay.
- Kobie Melton had three wins in the events of 200 Medley Relay, 200 Backstroke, and 400 Freestyle Relay.
- Mayson Richards had personal bests in 3-meter dive with a 324.20 and a win.
Up Next for Hogs
Razorback Diving will compete Saturday, January 29, 2022, against George Tech again. In addition, Razorbacks will get ready for the SEC Championship Meet February 15-19, 2022, in Knoxville, Tenn.
Keep up with all the latest news and information and get behind the scenes looks into our program on social media. Follow us on Twitter at @RazorbackSD and check out our Facebook page. Stats, news, and athlete information can be found at ArkansasRazorbacks.com.