• Scored his 1,000th career point with a free throw at 15:58 of the first half versus Tennessee … The 44th Razorback to eclipse 1,000 career points — 8th to do so in his first two years with the program … Was fifth-fastest Razorback to reach 1,000 career points (61 games).
• Voted AP All-America honorable mention, 1 of 20 players to make the team.
• 1 of 5 finalists for the Jerry West Award, presented to the nation’s top shooting guard by the Basketball Hall of Fame.
• Was 1 of 30 on the Citizen Naismith Player of the Year mid-season watch list.
• Named USBWA All-District VII
• Selected first team NABC All-District 20
• Voted SEC co-Player of the Year (AP)
• Consensus first team All-SEC (AP and Coaches); 1 of 2 players voted unanimous 1stteam by media
• The first Razorback to lead the SEC in scoring; His 22.03 ppg ranked 8th in the NCAA
^ Also led the league in scoring for SEC games (23.6 ppg) – the best since 2010
• THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE SEC:
^ to lead his team in Scoring (22.0), Rebounding (5.5), Assists (106) and Steals (50)
> Led team in scoring, team-best 21 times; rebounding, team-best 10 times; assists, team-best 16 times and steals, team-best 13 times
> Led the team in all four twice and led the team in 3 of the 4 categories 10 times
^ rank among the SEC to 20 in Scoring (1st), Rebounding (20th), Assists (10th) and Steals (6th)
^ lead his team in rebounding and assists
^ was 1 of 2 players to lead his team in scoring and rebounding
• FOUR-TIME SEC PLAYER OF THE WEEK (tying league record; 1 of 3 to accomplish the feat and first since 2009)
• Nine 30-point games: The only player in the SEC over the last 20 years with more than seven in a season
^ Ranked fourth in the NCAA for most 30point game in 2019-20.
^ Two 40-point games: Joined Jodie Meeks (UK: 3) and Shaquille O’Neal (LSU; 2) as the only SEC players over the last 30 years with multiple 40-point games in a season
• SCHOOL SINGLE-SEASON RECORD BOOK:
^ 22.03 ppg (6th) — 23.6 ppg SEC Games (SCHOOL RECORD)
^ 683 points scored (7th) — 424 points scored SEC Games (SCHOOL RECORD)
^ 118 FG made SEC Games (6th)
^ 223 FT made (SCHOOL RECORD; 5th-most in SEC & most since 1980) — 146 FT made SEC Games (SCHOOL RECORD)
^ 282 FT Att. (2nd) – 184 FT Att. SEC Games (SCHOOL RECORD)
|2019-20 STAT||NO./AVG.||NCAA RANK||SEC RANK|
|Free Throws Made||233 (school record)||1st||1st|
|Free Throws Attempted||282||1st||1st|
|3PT FG Made||2.19||168th||7th|
|3PT FG Att.||194||130th||4th|
• 1 of 5 finalists for the Jerry West Award, the Basketball Hall of Fame announced (Mar. 3).
• SEC co-Player of the Year (Media) … 4th time (3rd player) a Razorback has been SEC Player of the Year.
• Consensus 1st Team All-SEC (unanimous by media)… USBWA All-District VII.
• Was 1 of 30 players named to the midseason list for the 2020 Citizen Naismith Trophy, the Atlanta Tipoff Club (announced Feb. 13, 2020).
• Led the SEC in scoring (22.03 ppg) • Ranked 8th in the NCAA in scoring
• Led the NCAA in free throws made (233) and attempts (282)
^ 5th most on SEC single-season FT made list; most since 1980
• The only player in the SEC to lead his team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals. Also, the only player to lead his team in rebounding and assists and 1 of 2 SEC players to lead his team in scoring and rebounding.
• IN FACT, Jones was the only player in the SEC to rank among the league’s top 20 in scoring (1st), rebounding (20th), steals (6th) and assists (10th) … Additionally, ranked among the SEC leaders in free throw percentage (7th; 82.6%), defensive rebounds (9th; 4.7 avg.), field goals made (5th; 191), 3-point field goals made per game (7th, 2.19 avg.) and field goal percentage (11th; 45.3%).
• Named SEC Player of the Week a record FOUR TIMES in 2019-20 – one of three players in league history to be a 4x SEC Player of the Week in a season (UK’s Jodie Meeks in 2009 and Vandy’s Shan Foster in 2008).
^ SEC PLAYER OF THE WEEK (Nov. 11): 32 pts – 7 rebs – 5 steals in season-opening win over Rice.
^ SEC PLAYER OF THE WEEK (Dec. 16): 41 pts – 6 rebs – 4 steals – season-high 4 assists versus Tulsa.
^ SEC co-PLAYER OF THE WEEK (Feb. 3): Avg. 32.0 pts & 8.5 rebs – 34 pts & 12 rebs vs USC • 30 pts and 5 rebs at Bama.
^ SEC co-PLAYER OF THE WEEK (Mar. 2): Avg. 315. pts – 37 pts vs Tennessee • 26 pts and 5 assists at Georgia.
• 1st Razorback since Jannero Pargo (2002) to score at least 30 pts in back-to-back games; Then became THE ONLY Hog to score 30-plus in 3 straight games.
• Only Razorback to make at least 10 FG and 10 FT in an SEC game … DID IT 3x THIS YEAR (12-24 FG & 11-16 FT vs Auburn // 11-19 FG & 12-15 FT vs Tenn // 1-17 FG & 12-14 FT vs LSU).
• Just the 3rd player in Arkansas history to make 300+ free throws and 125+ three-pointers in a career (has 348 FT and 144 3PT) … The others were Todd Day and Jonathon Modica. It took Day 3 seasons to get there and Modica 4 seasons.
• In the last 20 seasons, an SEC player has scored 100-plus points in 3-straight games only five times, including Mason Jones’ 104 this season.
^ Jodie Meeks 107 Pts (2009), Mason Jones 104 Pts (2020), Jodie Meeks 103 Pts (2009), Breein Tyree 101 Pts (2020), Marcus Thornton 101 Pts (2008)
Named SEC Player of the Week I as he scored then career-high 32 in the season opener versus Rice — the 2nd-highest point production by a Razorback in a season opener … Also had career highs in FG made (12), FG att (18) and steals (5) … Led the team in scoring (16), rebounds (6) and assists (2) in the win over North Texas … Led the team in scoring (19), assists (4), steals (4) and blocked shots (1) in the win over Montana … Made a game-winning 3-pointer with 0.1 seconds left in overtime (Arkansas’ only points in OT) at Georgia Tech for a 62-61 win … Scored 24 points with seven rebounds and five steals … Missed the Northern Kentucky game due to an injured shoulder … Came back versus Austin Peay and scored 16 points while taking just six shots … Made two 3’s and was 6-of-6 at the free throw line … Named SEC Player of the Week II as he scored career-high 41 points and added six rebounds, versus Tulsa while leading the team in assists (4) and steals (4) … Tied career highs going 12-of-18 from the field (7-of-7 from 2-point range) … 41 points ties for 7th-most in Arkansas history … In the first half, scored 20 points, including a long 3-pointer at the buzzer for a 16-point halftime lead … After Tulsa worked its 16-point deficit to nine (68-59 with 11:49 left), Jones scored 15 straight for the Razorbacks during an 18-5 run to give Arkansas a 22-point lead (86-64) … Missed his first 3 treys, but made two inside the final minute en route to 20 points in come-from-behind win vs Valpo … Tied season-high with nine rebounds and had game-high four assists … With Hogs’ down 5 with 4:14, scored 8 — hit 3’s at 1:24 to tie game and 0:53 left for 3-pt lead … Sealed win with two free throws with 25 seconds left … Also hit back-to-back treys late at Indiana to give the Hogs a five-point lead (67-62 with 2:01 left) … Finished with 21 points, making four triples, with six rebounds and six assists … Tied Isaiah Joe with a team-best 17 points vs Texas A&M while leading the team in rebounds, (6) and steals (3) … At LSU, led the team in points (24), assists (4) and steals (2) … Added five rebounds … Had a career-high nine assists at Ole Miss … Also led the team in rebounds (6) and steals (3) … Scored 13 at Ole Miss, making 6-of-6 at the free throw line … Only scored one point versus Vanderbilt (2/15), but had eight assists (one shy of career high) with seven rebounds … Led the team in scoring (19), rebounds (6) and assists (2) versus Kentucky … Scored nine points during a 20-6 run as the Hogs went from 11 down to up 3 with 8:19 to play … Had 18 of his 20 pts at Mississippi State in the second half … Tied SEC career-best with seven rebounds to lead the team … Also led the team with four assists … Scored 19 of his 20 pts in the TCU win in the second half, making 10-of-15 free throws … Added five rebounds and four assists • Named SEC Player of the Week III … FIRST, posted second career double-double vs South Carolina with 34 points (then SEC career-high) and a career-high 12 rebounds … Led the team with four assists … Was 15-of-16 at the free throw line … Had 26 and 9 in the second half, making 13-of-14 FT … SECOND, led Hogs to come-from-behind win at Alabama, scoring 30 points, grabbing five rebounds and getting two steals … Had SEC career-high in FG (10) and a career-high FGA (20) … Dropped an SEC career-high 40 on Auburn with a team-best five assists, adding two steals … Career-highs in FG made (12), FGA (24), FTA (16) and minutes (4-:50) … Posted his sixth 30-point game of the year with 38 vs Miss State, adding a team-best six rebounds … Was 18-of-21 at the free throw line … The 18 FT made are an Arkansas single-game record in an SEC game, ranking third (tied) overall and were fourth-most in the NCAA for the year … The 21 attempts are the second-most by a Razorback in an SEC game behind Corliss Williamson’s 22 in 1995 and ties for fifth-most overall … Led the team with 21 points and five assists at Florida, playing all but 28 seconds … Named SEC Player of the Week IV … FIRST, turned in his seventh 30-point game of the season with 37 in win over Tennessee, breaking the 1,000-point barrier in the process … Scored 11 of Arkansas’ first 16 points … In the second half after UT got to within nine (60-51), scored 12 points in an 18-8 run to put the game out of reach • SECOND, had 26 with five assists at Georgia … In the second half and down 11 with 10:52 to play, Jones accounted for 12 points (scoring 8 and assisting on two baskets) to get the Razorbacks to within one (73-72) … Had eighth 30-point game, scoring 36 in a win over LSU, adding three assists and two steals • Made a career-high 8 3-pointers (11 att) at Texas A&M and scored 30 for his ninth 30-point game … Led team with 22 points, six assists and three steals versus Vanderbilt in the SEC first round … Added six rebounds to become the first Razorback to have at least 22 points, six rebounds and six assists in an SEC Tournament game.
Played in all 34 games and started 26 … For the season, was second on the team in rebounding (3.9), assists (96) and steals (31) while ranking third in scoring (13.6; eight points shy of second on the team) … Ranked sixth in SEC in 3-pointers made (76 total, ninth in free throw percentage (.804)and 10th in free throws made (115) … Came off the bench in the last eight games of the year to provide more balance … In those eight games, shot 46.5 percent (20-of-43) from 3-point range while handing out 20 assists … Reached double figures in scoring 20 times … Led the team in scoring 10 times (team was 7-3): UC Davis – 21 | Montana State – 18 | Colorado State – 16 | Georgia Tech – 17 | Texas State – 21 |Florida – 30 | Georgia – 23 | Mississippi State – 30 | Ole Miss – 22 | at Providence – 18 … Led the team in assists nine times: Indiana – 7 | Georgia Tech – 5 | Texas State – 4 | Florida – 3 | Tennessee – 6 | Georgia – 4 | at South Carolina – 4 | Texas A&M -4 | at Vanderbilt – 5 … Led the team in scoring and assists in the same game four times … Clutch in the final seconds three times … First, versus Indiana, made free throw with two seconds left for 73-72 win … Second, at LSU, hit a jumper in the lane with 22 seconds left to give team 90-89 lead (which was the final score) … Third, versus Vanderbilt and team up one, made two free throws with seven seconds left for 69-66 lead (which was final score) … Led the team in scoring (21) and rebounds (8) in the UC Davis win … 15 of those points came in the first half (5-of-6 FG — 4-5 3FG) … Seven of his eight boards came in the 2nd half … Hit (and then missed on purpose) the game-winning free throw versus Indiana with 2.5 seconds left … Finished with 11 points, five rebounds and seven assists … Was first Razorback since Jan. 2012 to play at least 35 minutes, have at least seven assists and commit zero turnovers … Scored a team-best 18 points in the Montana State win, making 6-of-8 from the field (5-of-7 from 3-pt range) … 16 of those points came in the first half … Posted first career double-double versus FIU — 19 points and 10 rebounds … Was 7-of-9 from free throw line … Led the team in scoring (16) at Colorado State … Got Arkansas off to a great start, hitting three, 3-pointers for a 12-2 lead and finished with 16, first-half points … Led the team in scoring (17) and assists (5) versus Georgia Tech … Added six rebounds, second-best on the team … Tied his season-high with five 3-pointers made … Led the team in scoring (21) and assists (4) versus Texas State … Also had a career-high three steals … At Texas A&M, missed his first seven 3-pointers (and was 1-of-his-last-17 over two games) but had the confidence to still shoot late in the game … In fact, made three straight from long range in the second half to give Arkansas a lead it would not relinquish … Scored a career-high 30 points versus Florida (team scored 51), making four 3-pointers and sinking 12-of-13 at the line … Also tied for the team lead with three assists … With Arkansas down 15 with six to play, Jones scored 11 in a 15-2 to get the Razorbacks to within two (53-51) … Continued strong play vs. LSU, scoring 22 points and adding six rebounds … Was 8-of-9 at the free throw line … Pumped in 18 at #3 Tennessee while tying for the team lead in rebounds (7) and leading the team with six assists … At Ole Miss, suffered through a 1-of-10 performance from the field (0-for-6 from 3-pt range), but had a blocked shot, two steals and a team-best seven deflections … Led the team in scoring (23), rebounds (6) and assists (4) in the win over Georgia … Had 15 of team’s 1st-half 31 points, including a 3-pointer to tie the game with 23 seconds left in half … Only scored 10 points at LSU but the final two led team to a win over the #19 Tigers … Down one, Jones hit a jumper in the lane with 22 seconds left for a 90-89 lead, which was the final … Sealed the Vanderbilt win by making two free throws with seven seconds left to give Arkansas a 69-66 lead (which was final score) … Scored 15 points and had team-high four assists at South Carolina … Was 3-of-6 from 3-point range, the first of which gave Arkansas a triple its 1,000th-straight game … Tied career-high with 30 points versus Mississippi State … Tied career-high with five 3-pointers made … In the Ole Miss win, had a game-high 22 points, making 7-of-10 FG and 6-of-8 3-pointers … 16 of those 22 points came in the second half (5-of-7 FG — 4-of-5 3-pointers) … Scored 16 at Vandy and set or tied SEC-bests with six rebounds, five assists and three steals … Tied for team high honors with six rebounds versus Florida in SEC Tournament … Led the team with 18 points at Providence, making 4-of-6 from 3-point range, adding four rebounds and four assists.
Prior to Arkansas
Played one season at Connors State College … Averaged 15.5 points, 6.9 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game … Drained 72 3-pointers and sank 42.9 percent of his shots beyond the arc … Finished in double figures in scoring 28 times, including nine 20-point games and two 30-point efforts … Helped the 13th-ranked Cowboys (31-4) reach the NJCAA Elite 8 … PREP SCHOOL: Played one season at Link Year Prep … HIGH SCHOOL: At Triple A Academy, averaged 15.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists as a senior.
Born July 21, 1998, in Dallas … Son of Mark and Arolynn Jones … Siblings: Jordan, Matt and Alex … Brother, Matt. played on Duke’s 2015 national championship team … Sister, Jordan, was a standout at Texas A&M … Majoring in communications.