Hogs Host Annual Pro Day
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — A total of 17 former Razorbacks showcased their abilities to 30 NFL teams on Wednesday afternoon during Arkansas’ Pro Day held inside Walker Pavilion at the Fred W. Smith Center. The players took part in individual tests before breaking into positional work.
|PLAYER||40-YARD DASH||VERTICAL JUMP||BROAD JUMP||20-YARD SHUTTLE||3-CONE||60-YARD SHUTTLE||BENCH PRESS|
|Jared Collins||4.44 - 4.46||36.5"||10' 9"||4.37||6.98||11.50||NT|
|DJ Dean||4.59 - 4.62||33"||9' 7"||4.54||6.85||11.75||20|
|Brooks Ellis||4.66 - 4.70||31.5"||9' 6"||4.36||6.79||NT||21|
|Matt Emrich||4.84 - 4.86||32.5"||9' 3"||4.69||6.93||11.60||NT|
|Taiwan Johnson||4.91 - 4.94||29.5"||9' 1"||4.74||7.56||NT||NT|
|Jeremiah Ledbetter||4.75 - 4.79||33.5"||10'||NT||NT||NT||NT|
|Drew Morgan||4.59 - 4.64||NT||NT||4.22||6.63||11.07||NT|
|Dominique Reed||4.37 - 4.40||40"||11' 4"||4.48||6.85||11.22||6|
|Dan Skipper||5.25 - 5.30||NT||NT||4.94||7.50||NT||19|
|Jeremy Sprinkle||4.61 - 4.65||30.5"||9' 8"||4.53||7.10||11.75||15|
|Kody Walker||4.79 - 4.83||34"||9' 3"||4.59||7.09||11.81||20|
|Josh Williams||4.82 - 4.85||28.5"||9' 6"||4.69||7.33||12.19||20|
|JaMichael Winston||4.89 - 4.93||31.5"||9' 10"||4.61||7.35||NT||21|
He did what?
None of the more than 300 athletes at this year’s NFL Combine ran a sub-4.4 40-yard dash, broad jumped 11 feet and had a vertical of 40 or more inches. On Wednesday, wide receiver Dominique Reed did all of those things. Reed opened the day with a 40-yard dash clocked in the 4.37-4.40 range and then made his way to the vertical jump where he leaped 40 inches. Reed continued to impress in the first hour of Pro Day when he made his way to the broad jump where he delivered a leap of 11-foot-4, which would have been the second-best mark at this year’s NFL Combine.
Dominique Reed wasn’t the only wide receiver that clocked some impressive times, as Drew Morgan improved on his times from the NFL Combine in the 40, 3-Cone Drill and 60-yard Shuttle. Morgan trimmed a tenth of a second off his 40 with a time that ranged from 4.59-4.64. The Greenwood, Arkansas, product showed his quickness with a 6.63 3-cone time and a 11.07 60-yard shuttle time, which would have landed him second among wide receivers in both tests at the NFL Combine.
Below is a look at where some of the Razorbacks’ Pro Day results would have ranked at this year’s NFL Combine.
- One of 10 tight ends to run a sub-4.70 (4.69) 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, Jeremy Sprinkle improved in the 4.61-4.65 range.
- LB Brooks Ellis finished third at his positon in the 3-Cone Drill at the NFL Combine and slightly improved. Ellis was also second in the 60-yard Shuttle (11.28) at the combine.
- DJ Dean’s 20 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press would have ranked tied for third-most among defensive backs.
- Jared Collins’ broad jump of 131 inches (10-9) would have ranked fifth among defensive backs and his 4.44-4.46 40-yard dash 11th.
- WR Cody Hollister only benched due to having foot surgery in December. Hollister was able pound out 29 reps of 225 pounds, which would have been six more than any other wide receiver at the NFL Combine.
- DL Deatrich Wise Jr. only participated in positional workouts after testing at the NFL Combine.
- DL Jeremiah Ledbetter improved his 40 time by a tenth of a second to 4.75-4.79. He also increased his broad jump by seven inches to 10 feet.
- WR Keon Hatcher did not participate at all but was in attendance. He also attended the NFL Combine.
- P Toby Baker and PK Adam McFain did positional work outdoors for the scouts.