Arkansas Men’s Golf Fall Recap
FAYETTEVILLE– The University of Arkansas men’s golf program, ranked as high as #20 in the final fall polls, completed its most successful fall campaign since the 2011-12 season.
In its five tournaments, the Razorbacks had four top-three finishes against the 26th-hardest schedule in the nation, including a win over #1 Wake Forest and #2 SMU in the final event of the fall. The 2011-12 Razorbacks – featuring #ProHogs Ethan Tracy, Sebastian Cappelen and Austin Cook – took home four first-place finishes in five events played.
#23 Golf Coaches Association
#24 Golfweek Power Rankings
William Buhl – #45 GolfStat / #59 Golfweek / 137th WAGR / #8 SEC
Julian Perico – #57 Golfweek / #60 GolfStat / #129 WAGR / #11 SEC
Mason Overstreet – #149 Golfweek / #182 GolfStat / #198 WAGR / #25 SEC
Tyson Reeder – #385 Golfweek / #46 SEC
Luis Garza – #390 Golfweek / #55 SEC
FALL NOTES: CLICK HERE FOR FALL STATS/RESULTS
- 2nd at Bearcat Invitational – 3rd at Carmel Cup – 3rd-t at Gopher Invitational – 3rd at White Sands Intercollegiate
- Team shot under par in 11 of 15 rounds.
- Team scoring average of 282 is one pace to be a school record by over three strokes per round.
- Among the regulars in the starting lineup, all five fired a 67 at least once – Buhl accomplishing it three times and Perico twice – while Overstreet shot 66 three times.
- Perico and Buhl finished the fall with a stroke average of 69.87, which is on pace to be a school record. Overstreet had a fall scoring average of 70.93, also would be on pace for the school record. (Alvaro Ortiz owns the mark with a 71.24 scoring average.)
- The team’s 13-under-par round (three) at White Sands ties for fifth-best score in relation to par in school history.
- The team’s 54-hole score of 841 ties for 10th-best 54-hole score in school history.
- Buhl won the Gopher Invitational for the second straight year, was the only Razorback to finish among the top 20 in all five events and had a team-best 13 (of 15) rounds at par or better.
- Perico was runner-up at the Carmel Cup, finished twice in the top five and had a team-best eight (of 15) rounds in the 60’s.
- At the Carmel Cup, Perico’s 54-hole total of 203 ranks sixth-best in school history and Overstreet’s 205 ranks 13th-t. Also, Perico’s score of 13-under ranks third and Overstreet’s 11-under ranks ninth.
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Golf, follow @RazorbackMGolf on Twitter.