Eight Razorbacks Named to SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas placed eight student-athletes from the football team on the 2007-08 Southeastern Conference Fall Academic Honor Roll. In total, 483 SEC student-athletes were named to the list. The 2007-08 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2007 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
The criteria are as follows:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
NAME SPORT CLASS MAJOR
Clay Bemberg Football Sophomore Sociology/Criminal Justice
Evan Bettis Football Sophomore Kinesiology
Jeremy Davis Football Senior Kinesiology
Aaron Fenton Football Sophomore Marketing Management
Clark Irwin Football Junior Finance and Real Estate
Farod Jackson Football Graduate Adult Education
Marcus Monk Football Senior Marketing Management
Lance ThompsonFootball Senior Kinesiology