McKeon, Morgan nominated for H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Kayla McKeon of the Arkansas soccer team and Grant Morgan of the Razorback football team have been nominated for the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship by the University of Arkansas.
The H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship has been presented by the Southeastern Conference since 1986 to the league’s top male and female scholar-athletes.
The Southeastern Conference will name the 2021 recipients of the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship on May 18.
Highlights of Arkansas’ nominees include:
Kayla McKeon, Arkansas, Soccer Major: Industrial Engineering
- Earned her B.S. in Industrial Engineering, graduating with a cumulative GPA of 3.602
- Pursuing a M.S. in Engineering Management
- SEC Academic Honor Roll, 2017, 2018, 2020
- All-SEC Second Team, 2020
- All-SEC Tournament Team, 2020
- United Soccer Coaches Third Team All-Southeast Region, 2018
- SEC All-Freshman Team, 2016
- All-SEC Tournament Team, 2016
- Started in 79 of her 82 career matches
- Career stat line includes 28 goals, 17 assists and 73 points, all ranking in the top 10 of program history
- Put away 12 career game-winners
- After coming off a season-ending ankle injury in 2019, she led Arkansas to its second consecutive SEC regular season title and fifth-straight appearance in the SEC Tournament title game
Grant Morgan, Arkansas, Football Major: Undergraduate – Kinesiology; Masters of Science in Operations Management
- Four-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Three-time member of the Dean’s List, Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Spring 2019
- Two-time member of the Chancellor’s List Spring 2017, Spring 2019
- Burlsworth Trophy Finalist, 2020
- Second-Team Walter Camp All-America, 2020 – only the 16th Razorback in program history and first since 2015 to earn honor
- Second-Team AFCA All-America, 2020
- Third-Team Phil Steele All-America, 2020
- First-Team All-SEC – Coaches, Associated Press, 2020
- Led FBS in 2020 with 12.33 tackles per game in 2020 and ranked third nationally with 111 total tackles despite playing in just nine games
- Played in 43 games in his career with 209 tackles and 16.5 tackles for loss
The SEC provides the league’s male and female McWhorter Scholar-Athlete of the Year Post-Graduate Scholarship recipients with a $20,000 post-graduate scholarship. The 26 remaining male and female finalists for the award will also receive a $10,000 post-graduate scholarship.
The award recipients are chosen by a committee of Faculty Athletics Representatives from the 14 SEC institutions and are announced in May.