Overstreet Voted Academic All-America
FAYETTEVILLE –University of Arkansas senior golfer Mason Overstreet was voted 2020 Academic All-America® Division I Men’s At-Large third team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). The honor recognizes the nation’s top student-athletes for their combined performances in athletic competition and in the classroom.
The At-Large team may be the most exclusive in the CoSIDA realm as it features student-athletes from 12 sports including fencing, golf, gymnastics, ice hockey, lacrosse, rifle, skiing, swimming, tennis, volleyball, water polo and wrestling. Only seven NCAA Division I golfers were named Academic All-America.
Overstreet joins Austin Cook as the only Razorback men’s golfers to be voted to the CoSIDA All-America team.
Mason Overstreet Highlights:
- Graduated from the University of Arkansas with a degree in business finance, posting a 3.89 GPA.
- Arkansas’ male nominee for the SEC’s H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar-Athlete Post-Graduate Scholarship.
- Two-time SEC Men’s Golf Scholar-Athlete of the Year (2019 and 2020).
- Two-time CoSIDA Academic All-District (2019 and 2020).
- Four-time SEC Academic Honor Roll (2017-1st year, 2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Has posted a perfect 4.0 five times to earn Chancellor’s List and has earned Dean’s List (3.75-3.99 GPA) three times (only four career “B’s”).
- 2017 NCAA runner-up.
- 2017 PING All-America honorable mention.
- 2018 PING All-Region.
- Career scoring average of 72.04 ranks second on the school’s all-time list.
- His 459 career birdies rank third and his 13 eagles tie for first.
- Posted a scoring average of 71.46 this past season which ranks seventh on the school’s single-season list. He also has the eighth-best, single-season scoring average in school history (71.52 in 2017-18) and the 16th-best (71.77 in 2018-19).
- Qualified for the MacKenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada.
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Golf, follow @RazorbackMGolf on Twitter.