Spring Football Practice Report - April 11
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – In front of more than 2,000 Arkansas fans, the Razorback football team returned to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for the second scrimmage and ninth practice of the spring season, Saturday afternoon.
Venue: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
Format: Full Pads
– Junior tight end Jeremy Sprinkle was senior quarterback Brandon Allen’s favorite target of the day with four receptions for 78 yards and a 14-yard touchdown grab. Sprinkle recorded the largest offensive play of the day with a 45-yard catch and run.
– The drive of the scrimmage was a 15-play march that was capped off by a three-yard touchdown run up the middle by Allen. Senior running back Kody Walker had 37 yards on nine touches during the drive, highlighted by a nine-yard run by Walker on a fourth-and-one conversion. On the day, Allen went 17-of-22 with 231 yards and three scores. His two passing touchdowns came in red zone work.
– On the defense, freshman defensive back Reid Miller recorded a team high eight tackles and one pass break up. Junior defensive lineman Deatrich Wise and redshirt-freshman Armon Watts tied for a team high three sacks. The Razorback defense saw 24 players record tackles on the day.
– The 120-plus play scrimmage was capped-off by redshirt-freshman kicker Cole Hedlund’s 59-yard field goal. Hedlund went 4-for-4 on the day with field goals from 29-, 47-, 55- and 59-yards out.
News and Notes:
– Arkansas will close its 2015 spring practice schedule with its annual Red-White Game on April 25 at 1 p.m. in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Attendance to the scrimmage is free and open to the public.
– Season ticket orders are now being accepted for the 2015 season at ArkansasRazorbacks.com. The 2015 home schedule includes six games in Fayetteville, four against opponents that played in bowl games last season – UTEP, Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri. Arkansas will also take on Toledo at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.
Up Next: Arkansas will hit the practice fields Tuesday for its 10th practice of the spring season.
Follow Live: For complete coverage of Arkansas football throughout the spring season, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.