Terrell Named To SEC Community Service Team
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Branch Terrell of the Arkansas men’s tennis team has been named to the Southeastern Conference Community Service Team on Tuesday for giving back to the community in superior service efforts. It’s the second consecutive honor for the sophomore from Benton, Arkansas, as he organized and volunteered for a number of community service projects during the past year.
Terrell is an accounting major and serves as Service Learning Chair for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) to help coordinate, plan and execute community service projects.
VOLUNTEER PROJECTS AND ACTIVITIES
• Participates in Razorbuddies, a program in which Razorbacks student-athletes are paired with a child from a local school in order to help influence them to make positive life decisions
• Helps coordinate and participates in Book Hogs and Sweat Hogs events
• Created and organized the first ever “Senior Prom” where Razorback student-athletes went into an assisted living center and gave senior citizens a blast from the past, with music, food and modified dancing
• Participated in a Valentine’s Day event with youth at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Lowell, Arkansas
• Helped coordinate and participated in “Lift Up America,” where Razorback student-athletes assisted moving over 40,000 pounds of frozen protein to donate to the Northwest Arkansas charities and food banks
• Taught tennis to children at local courts on Kids Day in Benton, Arkansas
For more information on Razorback men’s tennis, please follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.