2020 HOGSPYs: Top Play of the Year
The Top Play of the Year Award recognizes an impressive and memorable moment during competition.
This year’s nominees are:
Katie Izzo @ SECs (TF)
- SEC Runner of the Year, won 3,000m and 5,000m at SEC Indoor.
- Set SEC Indoor Championship record in 5,000m with a time of 15:48.34, breaking the mark of 15:53.34 set in 1990 by Kentucky’s Valerie McGovern.
- Winning time of 9:09.02 in 3,000m topped field by six-plus seconds and was second-fastest winning time in conference history.
Kiara Williams vs. Texas A&M (WBB)
- With just 8.6 seconds left, Williams, a 57 percent shooter from the free throw line over her career, stepped to the line with the Hogs trailing A&M by just one.
- She calmly knocked both of her shots down to seal the second biggest comeback in SEC Tournament history.
Mason Jones @ Georgia Tech (MBB)
- Although Arkansas led the majority of the game at Georgia Tech, the Razorbacks did not score the last 2:25 of the 2nd half and the Yellow Jackets forced OT.
- In overtime, neither team scored until Tech hit a jumper with 21 seconds left.
- On the ensuing possession, Mason Jones banked in the game winner from approximately 25 feet out as time expired to secure the win.
Robert Moore vs. Gonzaga (BSB)
- With two outs against Gonzaga on Feb. 22 nearing the end of the game, a slow ground ball was hit between Robert Moore at second base and Cole Austin at first.
- Moore charged from the edge of the dirt and needed a quick play to get the out. When he reached the ball, he snagged it with his glove turned for a back-hand and flipped it in one motion to Austin at first for the final out of the inning.
- His move dazzled the crowd and earned him a spot on SportsCenter’s Top 10 that night.
Softball Double Header Walk-off vs. Kansas
- Won game one of doubleheader on 17 pitch bases loaded hit by pitch by Ryan Jackson in 3-2 win.
- Razorbacks scored all of their runs in the seventh inning and pinch hitter Audrie LaValley tied the game with a two-RBI single.
- Kayla Green hit walk-off homer in the bottom of the seventh in the 1-0 game two win.
This year’s winner will be announced at 7 p.m. on @ArkRazorbacks on Twitter and on ArkansasRazorbacks.com