Year of the Razorback: Academic Superlatives and Graduation
The remarkable success of the Razorbacks in 2020-21 was not merely limited to the court or fields of athletic competition. For 465+ Razorback student-athletes, competing in the program’s 19 varsity sports, the year provided yet another opportunity to excel academically on the path to graduation.
In a year that brought a list of obstacles to traditional learning, including remote classes, video calls and a lack of in-person interaction with faculty members and fellow students, Razorback student-athletes more than responded to the challenge. A global pandemic may have drastically changed the traditional learning environment, but it failed to alter the outstanding work turned in by Razorback student-athletes in and outside of the classroom.
In all, 104 Razorback student-athletes added their names to Senior Walk as University of Arkansas graduates, helping the program satisfy its mission of Building Champions and Razorbacks for Life.
- 104 Graduates (23 Fall 2020, 70 Spring 2021, 11 Summer 2021)
- Cumulative Athletic Department GPA – 3.25
- 23rd consecutive semester with Department GPA of 3.0 or better; 14th consecutive semester with 3.2 or better
- 297 Student-Athletes Earned Department Honor Roll honors
- 78 Student-Athletes earned a 4.00 for the term
- 248 (99 Fall, 40 Winter, 109 Spring) Razorbacks on SEC Academic Honor Rolls
- 145 Student-Athletes achieved Personal Bests (highest term GPA-both semesters)