Brazile Signs With Razorback MBB
FAYETTEVILLE – Trevon Brazile (pronounced Trev-In Brazil) has signed with the Arkansas Razorback men’s basketball program, head coach Eric Musselman announced.
Brazile comes to Fayetteville after playing his freshman season (2021-22) with the Missouri Tigers and he will have three remaining years of eligibility remaining. He played in 24 games with 22 starts last season and led the Tigers in blocked shots 20 times. He averaged 6.3 points and 5.0 rebounds and ranked third in the SEC (47th in the NCAA) in blocked shots (1.92 avg). Among NCAA Division I freshmen, Brazile ranked sixth in blocked shots average.
F || 6-9 || 215 || So.
Springfield, Mo. (Kickapoo HS) || Univ. of Missouri
2021-22 (Fr. at Mizzou):
- Missed the first eight games of the season with an undisclosed medical condition … Came off the bench in his first two games played for the season (Eastern Illinois and at Kansas) before starting the final 22 games of the year.
- Ranked third in the SEC (47th in the NCAA) in blocked shots (1.92 average) … Was sixth among NCAA Division I freshmen in blocked shots per game … His 1.92 blocks per game ranks third on the Missouri single-season list.
- Had a blocked shot in 20 of his 24 games played … Recorded a block in 12-straight games, including a stretch of 11-straight with multiple blocks.
- Had a career-high six blocks against Illinois, which tied for the fourth-most in a single game by any Mizzou player and the third-most by any MU freshman … Added 11 points.
- Scored a season-high 15 points in the Tigers’ season finale versus LSU in the SEC Tournament.
- Had a season-high 10 rebounds with four blocked shots in the Tigers’ regular-season finale versus Georgia, including five offensive boards.
- Made a season-high 2-of-3 from 3-point range and scored 10 points with two blocked shots at Kansas.
- Recorded 11 points at LSU.
- Just missed a double-double in the first-round SEC Tournament win over Ole Miss with nine points and nine rebounds … Had a season high in free throws made and attempts (5-of-7).
- Had five-plus rebounds 14 times (including eight times with seven-plus boards)
- Named a 2021 MBCA All-State selection and first team All-Ozark Conference
- Ranked the fourth-best prospect in the state of Missouri by 247 Sports and the No. 178 prospect nationally.
- Won the Missouri Class 6 state championship at Kickapoo.
- Averaged 13.2 points, 7.5 rebounds as a senior while shooting 73% from the field.
- Averaged 11.2 points and 5.1 rebounds per game at Parkview High School as a junior.
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.