MBB Preview: #24 Arkansas at Texas A&M
Who: #24 Arkansas Razorbacks (17-5, 9-4 SEC) at Texas A&M Aggies (8-7, 2-6 SEC)
What: The Aggies are the Razorbacks’ most common opponent with 160 games played in the series.
When: Saturday – Feb. 20 – 7:30 pm (CT)
Where: Bryan-College Station, Texas – Reed Arena
How (to follow):
– TV: SEC Network (Kevin Fitzgerald and Dane Bradshaw)
^ Watch SEC/ESPN Online: CLICK HERE}
– Radio: Learfield IMG College Razorback Sports Network (Chuck Barrett and Matt Zimmerman)
^ Listen to Razorback Sports Network Online: CLICK HERE
– Sirius/XM: XM Channel 382 – Streaming Online on Channel 972
– Live Stats: www.Arkansas.StatBroadcast.com
FAYETTEVILLE – The 24th-ranked Arkansas Razorbacks will return to the road and will face the Texas A&M Aggies on Saturday (Feb. 20). Tipoff is et for 7:30 pm and the game will be televised on SEC Network.
- This will be the 161st meeting between Arkansas and Texas A&M. The Razorbacks own a 103-57 advantage in the series and the series is tied, 38-38, in games played at A&M. The Hogs have a slight 8-6 advantage in games since A&M joined the SEC for the 2012-13 season.
- Texas A&M is one of six teams that Arkansas has played over 100 times and one of three teams the Razorbacks have at least 100 wins against.
- Arkansas is riding a seven-game SEC win streak. This is Arkansas’ first seven-game, SEC win streak since winning seven-straight SEC games in Feb. 2015. The Hogs also won seven-straight SEC games to end the 1994-95 regular season.
- Arkansas’ longest SEC win streak is 11 games to close the 1993-94 season.
- Arkansas’ win as the 24th-ranked team in the nation versus Florida was the Razorbacks’ first as a ranked team since the then #21 Hogs beat Wofford (Mar. 19) in the 2015 NCAA Tournament.
- In 7-of-the-last-8 games, Arkansas shot over 43 percent from the field each time and has combined to shoot 47.8% (210-439) in those seven contests.
- Justin Smith returned to the lineup at Alabama but was not near 100%. However, after that and: with a healthy Smith, Arkansas averages three more assists and three fewer turnovers per game. with a healthy Smith, Arkansas is shooting 46.7% as a team and shot 39.2% with Smith injured.
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.