Makhi (Ma-KAI) Mitchell joined the Razorback squad with his twin Makhel for 2022-23 after playing two seasons at Rhode Island and one at Maryland … Has one season of eligibility remaining … Is the older of the twins by two minutes (“younger brother Makhel now plays at Little Rock).
2022-23 (Sr. at Arkansas):
• His season FG% of .662 (104-of-157) ranks 4th on the school’s single-season list
• 1 of 4 Hogs to play all 36 games in 2022-23 … Started 31 games … Averaged 7.0 points and 5.7 rebounds
• ON A PER 40 MINUTES BASIS, AVERAGED: 13.9 pts • 10.6 reb • 2.7 BLK
• Had 3 double-digit rebound games: 14 vs UNCG, 12 at LSU & 10 vs FLA … Added 9 other gms with at least 7 rebs
• Led the team with 49 blocked shots … 5th in the SEC in blocks at 1.36.
• In the postseason (SEC/NCAA), was 19-of-26 from the field (.731).
• NORTH DAKOTA STATE: Made 4-of-5 FG and tied his career high with three steals.
• LOUISVILLE: Tied his brother for the team lead with a season-high six rebounds.
• TROY: Was a bright spot for Arkansas in the first half with 10 points and nine rebounds as the Hogs trailed 33-31 … Finished with a season-high 14 points (6-of-8 FG) with nine rebounds (all in the first half) and three blocked shots.
• UNCG: Had his first double-double as a Razorback with 13 points (4-of-5 FG; 5-of-7 FT) and 14 rebounds (all defensive) … Added a season-high four blocked shots with two steals.
• OKLAHOMA: Had 10 points and a game-high six rebounds with a steal and two blocked shots … Handed out a season-high four assists.
• UNCA: Scored 9 pts (4-of-5 FG) with three assists and three blocked shots
• @ LSU: Had 12 rebounds and eight points with three blocked shots … Held KJ Williams to just 8 points (Williams entered the game averaging 19.3 ppg).
• @ VANDY: Just missed a double-double with 11 pints and 8 rebounds … Took and made his first 3-point shot of the year.
• @ MISSOURI: Tied for the team lead with nine rebounds … Made 5-of-6 at the line.
• LSU: Scored 10 points and led the team with eight rebounds … For the second time vs LSU this season, had three blocked shots.
• @ KENTUCKY: Grabbed a game-high nine rebounds and added two assists.
• @ TEXAS A&M: Led Arkansas with nine rebounds and scored 11 points (4-of-4 FG, 3-of-4 FT) … Added two blocked shots.
• FLORIDA: Posted his second double-double as a Razorback with 10 points and 10 rebounds … Was a team-best +27 in 20 minutes played … Scored a team-best six points in a 17-4 run to open the second half.
• vs AUBURN (SEC): For just the second time this year, came off the bench and scored 12 points (5-of-7 FG) … Made two big layups late (4:29 and 1:54)
• vs TEXAS A&M (SEC): Scored 15 points, going 6-of-6 from the field with five dunks, and 3-fo-4 at the line … Tied for the team lead with six rebounds … Led the team and tied his season high with three steals … Tied for the team lead and tied his season high with four blocked shots.
2021-22 (Jr. at Rhode Island)
- Led Rhode Island with 7.3 rebounds per game while ranking second on the squad in points (9.9) and blocked shots (1.39)
- Additionally ranked ninth in the Atlantic-10 in rebounding and 10th in blocked shots … Also ranked sixth in the A-10 (88th in the NCAA) in defensive rebounds per game (5.65)
- Tallied seven double-doubles to rank sixth in the A-10.
- Had his first double-double of the year with 13 points and a career-high 18 rebounds against Bryant (11/12)
- Double-double #2 on the year included 10 points and 12 rebounds against Georgia State (11/27)
- Got his third double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds at Milwaukee (12/13)
- Recorded his fourth double-double of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds at Dayton (1/28)
- Had his fifth double-double of the year, getting 13 points, 13 rebounds, six assists and four blocks against Massachusetts (2/5)
- Pumped in 16 points with 11 rebounds vs Davidson (2/12) to collect his sixth double-double
- Double-double #7 featured 13 points and 11 rebounds at George Washington (2/19)
- Pulled down 12 rebounds with nine points, two blocked shots and two steals against Richmond (1/25)
- Grabbed 10 rebounds, scored four points and had two steals against George Washington (1/22)
- Dished out a career-high eight assists to go with seven points, four rebounds and two blocks at Massachusetts (1/15)
- Scored 19 points, grabbed eight rebounds and blocked two shots against American International (1/2)
2020-21 (So. at Rhode Island)
- Appeared in seven games, with two starts, before suffering a season-ending knee injury at Western Kentucky (12/13)
- Averaged 5.9 points and 4.9 rebounds per game
- Recorded his first career double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds against Seton Hall (12/2)
- Made a career-best seven free throws (on eight attempts) versus South Florida (11/28)
2019-20 (Fr. at Maryland)
- Appeared in 12 games, making five starts
- Averaged 3.0 points and 3.3 rebounds in 9.3 minutes per game
- Had a season-high 12 points and eight rebounds against George Mason (11/22)
- Made his collegiate debut, scoring six points and grabbing three rebounds against Holy Cross (Nov. 5)
- Rated a 4-star recruit via 247, ESPN, and Rivals
- Ranked the No. 2 player in Washington, D.C. via 247
- Ranked the No. 11 center nationally via Rivals
- Ranked the No. 52 player overall via Rivals
- Ranked No. 64 in the ESPN Top 100
- Named the Under Armour Association Defensive Player of the Year in August
- Led the UAA in blocks
- Won the International Youth Basketball Spectacular with Montverde Academy (Fla.), scoring 20 points and grabbing 16 rebounds
- Coached at Woodrow Wilson by Angelo Hernandez
- Played AAU for DC Premier coach John Perry