Hogs Battling Red Storm in Regional Final
STILLWATER, Okla. – The No. 2 seed Arkansas baseball team (37-22) will look to capture its fourth NCAA Regional Championship in the last seven years, taking on St. Johns Sunday at 6 p.m. in the Stillwater Regional. The game will air on ESPN3.
Matchup: No. 2 Arkansas vs. No. 4 SJU
TV: TBA >> ESPN3
Talent: Mark Neely (PXP), Jay Powell (Analyst)
Radio: Razorback Sports Network from IMG
Probable Starters: TBA
• The Razorbacks are one of just five teams nationally to advance to the NCAA Tournament each of the last 14 years. Arkansas is joined by Cal State Fullerton, Florida State, Miami (Fla.) and Rice as the only programs to accomplish the feat.
• Arkansas is 68-58 (.539) all-time in the NCAA Tournament, including a 50-39 (.561) record in NCAA Regionals.
• The Razorbacks have advanced to six consecutive NCAA Regional finals.
• Arkansas is looking to sweep a regional on the road with a perfect 3-0 mark for the third time in the last seven years.
• Head coach Dave Van Horn has advanced to 17 consecutive NCAA Tournaments at Nebraska and Arkansas and has the most College World Series appearances among SEC head coaches with five.
• The Razorbacks are in the midst of their 28th NCAA Regional in program history, including the 14th consecutive.
• Three of Arkansas’ past four NCAA Tournament wins have been come from behind victories.
• Michael Bernal is riding a career-long 12-game hitting streak.
• The Razorbacks have won 12 of their past 16 games away from home.
• Arkansas has won 22 of its last 29 games dating back to April 5.
• Joe Serrano added his 16th multi-hit game, the 63rd of his career, and his third three-hit performance of the season Saturday against Oklahoma State.
• Zach Jackson claimed his seventh save and has 77 strikeouts in just 51 innings on the year.
• Jackson has seven strikeouts in the nine outs he has recorded in the NCAA Stillwater Regional.
2015 NCAA Stillwater Regional Schedule
Friday, May 29
Game 1 – No. 2 Arkansas 8, No. 3 Oral Roberts 6
Game 2 – No. 1 Oklahoma State 5, St. John’s 4
Saturday, May 30
Game 3 – St. John’s 10, Oral Roberts 5
Game 4 – Arkansas 7, Oklahoma State 5
Sunday, May 31
Game 5 – St. John’s vs. Oklahoma State, Noon
Game 6 – Arkansas vs. St. John’s 5, 6 p.m.
Monday, June 1
Game 7 – Winner Game 6 vs. Loser Game 6 (if necessary), TBA