Fifth Annual HOGSPY Awards Finalists
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – From memorable plays and record-setting academic achievements to striving for championships and excellence in the classroom, the fifth annual HOGSPY Awards recognize the best-of-the-best among Razorback student-athletes, Spirit Squad, marching band and staff during the past year.
Once a small and private athletic department event, the HOGSPYs has blossomed into a flourishing red carpet gala that embodies the growth and success enjoyed by the athletic department in recent years.
The latest HOGSPY Awards will take place on Wednesday, 7 p.m. in Bud Walton Arena. The red carpet opens at 6 p.m. and dinner will be served one hour later. The program will start at 7:30 p.m. and will honor the student-athletes nominated in the following categories:
Lee Spencer Cup individual champion:
- Flavia Araujo (Women’s Tennis)
- Teni Butler (Soccer)
- Taylor Ellis-Watson (Women’s Track and Field)
Lee Spencer Cup team champion:
- Men’s Track and Field
- Women’s Track and Field
Scholar-Athlete of the Year: A student-athlete who excels in the classroom and best represents Razorback Athletics. This student-athlete must be a junior or senior who maintains a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Jarrion Lawson, 4.0 GPA (Men’s Track and Field)
- Moses Kingsley, 3.53 GPA (Men’s Basketball)
- Brooks Ellis, 3.77 GPA (Football)
- Makenzie Craft, 3.942 GPA (Women’s Tennis)
- Taylor Ellis-Watson, 3.7 GPA (Women’s Track and Field)
- Melissa Wolff, 3.884 GPA (Women’s Basketball)
Student-Athlete of the Year: An overall standout student-athlete who demonstrated outstanding athletic performance on the field of play and has been instrumental to the team’s success. This award is primarily based on athletic performance.
- Andrew Benintendi (Baseball)
- Hunter Henry (Football)
- Omar McLeod (Men’s Track and Field)
- Gabriela Lopez (Women’s Golf)
- Dominique Scott (Women’s Track and Field)
- Amanda Wellick (Gymnastics)
Academic Team of the Year:
- Male: Men’s Golf, 3.32 GPA
- Female: Swimming and Diving, 3.61 GPA
Team of the Year:
- Male: Baseball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Football
- Female: Cross Country/Track and Field, Golf, Gymnastics
Other awards up for grabs include Coach of the Year, Outstanding Band Member, Outstanding Spirit Squad Member, Leader of Distinction Award, Comeback Student-Athlete Award, Rookie of the Year, Heart of the Hog Award, Top Graduating Student-Athlete and Play of the Year.