W. Basketball Opens San Juan Shootout Friday
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – The University of Arkansas women’s basketball team (2-2) opens play at the San Juan Shootout Friday facing Louisiana-Lafayette (2-1) at the Mario Quijote Morales Coliseum in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. The Razorbacks follow up with No. 7 Oregon State (3-0) Saturday as tournament action continues.
Tipoff: Friday, 1: 30 p.m. CT; Saturday, 1:30 p.m. CT
Location: Mario Quijote Morales Coliseum, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Live Stream: SportToursLive.net
Game Notes: Arkansas | Lafayette | Oregon State
Tournament Link: http://sporttours.net/tournaments/D1_Women/2015_San_Juan_Shootout_Info
• 2-1 with wins over Ole Miss and Southern-New Orleans, and a loss at Houston
• Senior guard Kia Wilridge had season-best 19 against Houston
• Lafayette plays Arkansas and then Sacred Heart this week
About Oregon State
• Oregon State has won 30 of its last 33 home games
• The Beavers used a 16-0 third period run to defeat UC Riverside in their most recent contest
• OSU is shooting 85.6 percent from the free throw line this year
• Sydney Wiese has a school record 214 three-pointers and 948 career points
• Ruth Hamblin has 900 career points and ranks seventh in program history for rebounds with 675
• Jamie Weisner has 1,204 career points
• OSU is ranked No. 7 in the AP poll | No. 7 in the USA TODAY Coaches Poll | Was picked to win the Pac-12 in the preseason poll
• OSU opens with Hofstra in Puerto Rico
• This is the first trip to the San Juan Shootout and to Puerto Rico for @RazorbackWBB
• Jessica Jackson is tied for the lead in the SEC averaging 21.5 ppg
• Jessica Jackson ranks tied for fourth in the SEC with 9.8 rebounds per game
• Jessica Jackson has opened the season with back-to-back double doubles and four consecutive games in double figures. She has had back-to-back 20+-point games (at SDSU, Tulsa).
• As a team, Arkansas ranks third for rebounding offense (47.8), rebounding margin (+12.0) and offensive rebounds (19.8)
• Arkansas is just 13-77 against teams ranked in the AP top-10
• The highest-ranked AP neutral site win was in 1990 when Arkansas defeated No. 6 SFA at Stanford
Arkansas plays two games in Puerto Rico before return home for busy schedule before the holidays. Arkansas hosts Missouri State Dec. 2, travels to Rutgers Dec. 6, Hosts Oral Roberts Dec. 10, travels to Butler Dec. 13 and faces No. 8 Texas at Oklahoma City Dec. 20.
For more information on Arkansas women’s basketball, follow @RazorbackWBB on Twitter.