Scott In Pursuit Of Olympic Berth
STELLENBOSCH, South Africa — Three-time national champion Dominique Scott looks to earn a spot on the South African Olympic team this weekend following competition at the 2016 South African Senior Championships in Stellenbosch on Saturday.
Scott qualified for the final section of the 1,500-meter run with her 2015 season’s best time of 4 minutes, 8.65 seconds which she ran at the Lignano Meeting International last summer in Italy.
Dominique Scott At A Glance
- Three NCAA individual titles (two-time DMR and 3,000)
- Two-time NCAA national runner-up (5,000 and 10,000)
- 10-time All-American (three with cross country and seven with track)
- Nine-time Southeastern Conference champion (three XC, three indoor and three outdoor)
- Holds seven program records (see table below)
|Scott's Razorback Records|
|XC | 5,000||16:01.00|
|IN | Mile||4:32.58|
|IN | DMR (anchor)||10:51.89|
|OUT | 1,500||4:08.65|
|OUT | 5,000||15:25.10|
|OUT | 10,000||31:56.84|
The final section of the 1,500 will be contested tomorrow morning at 10:20 a.m. CDT. Scott is currently the world-leader at the 5,000 and has the third-best NCAA performance in the 1,500. Her current personal bests in both events are slightly over one second shy of Olympic standards (1,500 – 4:07.00 and 5,000 – 15:24.00).
Results can be found by visiting the Athletics South Africa website.
For more information on Arkansas track and field including in-meet updates, follow @RazorbackTF on Twitter.